Hello, before I answer you, I have to tell you one important thing.
"The trust can't spend on anything not mentioned in its objects clause."
Now answering you:
1. If you spend 85% of trusts' total receipts, then 100% of trusts income is exempt.
2. In case, trust spend less than 85%; then the trust has two options:
- Option # 1 - Trust can resolve to spend the money in the next five years for a particular purpose.
- Option # 2 - Trust can inform the assessment officer that it would spend the money in next year.
3. If the trust doesn't do any of the two above then, it would have to pay tax on the shortfall of expenditure, i.e., 85% of receipts - expenses made.
Please mark your satisfactory level...
My Dear ,
I thank you for marking the answer as satisfactory.
I have noted.
It will be very nice and helpful to our other members (and the answerer too) if you mark your satisfaction level on the grade scale below.
Please feel free to mark any point. I don't share it with anyone. I use it for doing my internal calculations only. I use these calculations to evaluate the service performance of the relevant virtuoso.
Here is the grade scale:
Anu, Thakurani's bestie