My friend lives in the USA. He is an engineer. He migrated to the US in the year 2010. Before that,…
My friend lives in the USA. He is an engineer. He migrated to the US in the year 2010. Before that, he was serving an Indian company. He got PAN when he was in India. He didn't file his income tax returns in India as he had no income in India. Now, he has bought a house in Gurgaon, India on Sep 2018. He has given it on rent. The rent is Rs80,000 a month.
My questions are:
1. Whether my friend should file income tax return in India?
2. If yes, then can he use the same PAN allotted earlier to him, when he was in India?
3. Can he file his returns online from the USA?
4. Can he pay taxes using the credit card?
5. Can I pay taxes on his behalf?
6. Can you calculate his taxable income? He has no other income in India other than this rent.